- To provide study abroad returnees with opportunities to internationalize their on-campus experience
- To connect study abroad alumni with a group of internationally-focused individuals
- To support and help integrate incoming exchange students
- To promote intercultural relationships and develop intercultural competencies
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student at UofSC Columbia
- Completed an approved study abroad program through the Education Abroad Office
Global Gamecock Guides
The Global Gamecock Guides program within the Study Abroad Association was created to better support both incoming exchange students and local UofSC study abroad returnees. UofSC students who participate in the program will be paired with an incoming exchange student and will help guide their study abroad experience here in South Carolina. Guides will help introduce exchange students to campus resources, local events, and opportunities to get involved in the community. Students will automatically become a member of the Study Abroad Association if chosen to be a Global Gamecock Guide.