Skip to Content

Division of Human Resources

Employees Traveling Abroad

The following resources will help you plan your trip overseas

Visa entry requirements for travel to other countries change rapidly and differ by country. They are affected by individual biographic information in addition to the purpose, length of stay and remuneration involved. Learn about your destination through the U.S. Department of State website, including conditions abroad that may affect your safety and security.

Some foreign consular sections provide links to recognized third-party vendors that provide visa processing and courier services. You also may consult your travel agent for names of visa processing courier service providers with whom they have a relationship. These organizations can facilitate the visa application process for you.

If you are traveling to an area in turmoil, or if you will be staying for an extended period of time in a particular overseas location, you are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). This will ensure that you receive important safety information, help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency and also help friends and family get in touch with you in an emergency.

  • For professional travel, be sure you have a USC Travel Authorization form (TA) on file.
  • For immunization requirements, contact the travel immunization section or travel nurse in the public health department in the county where you reside.
  • For information on purchasing a supplemental travel health plan that provides medical evacuation coverage, please contact us.
  • To learn more about USC-sponsored life insurance carriers who provide supplemental plans including medical evacuation and repatriation coverage, contact the Division of Human Resources Benefits Office.

For more travel tips and resources, visit the U.S. Department of State website

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.