Here's How It Works
If you are a student who applied to graduate and indicated you will participate in the Bachelor, Master’s, and Professional commencement ceremony, you will receive an email with instructions regarding how you can log into our online portal to record your name and provide phonetic pronunciation. The name pronunciation portal open and close dates are posted on our Deadline Dates page. Please be sure to log in and complete the process before the portal closes!
- To ensure the correct pronunciation of your name, we strongly encourage you to record your name as you would like it pronounced.
- Once the portal closes, a professional announcer will record every graduate's name.
- If you choose not to complete the process below, your name will still be recorded in advance by an announcer based on professional judgement.
- At commencement, graduates will receive a barcoded name card on their chairs. This barcode is linked to your pre-recorded name file.
- During the ceremony, when instructed to rise and walk across the stage, be sure to have your barcoded name card with you.
- Before crossing the stage, a commencement marshal will collect your barcoded name card for it to be scanned and announced.
- Please wait to hear your name announced before crossing the stage.
- Congratulations on your academic achievements!
Please complete our Contact Us form if you encounter any issues completing the steps above. Select Commencement Name Pronunciation in the Message Subject field and type your question or concern.