Skip to Content

My Palmetto College

Federal Financial Aid

The federal government provides financial aid programs to students to help pay for their education. To apply for federal financial aid, complete the FAFSA. You can also visit the Department of Education’s Student Guide to learn more about the federal financial aid programs.

Federal Pell Grant

Eligible undergraduate students who display exception financial need and who have not yet earned their first bachelor’s degree may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant. Unlike a loan, grant aid does not have to be repaid. The amount of Pell Grant you may be eligible to receive is based upon your financial need, your estimated cost of attendance, and the number of hours in which you plan to enroll.


Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) are federally funded grants offered on a limited basis to students with exceptional financial need. Potentially eligible students must demonstrate great financial need, be eligible for a federal Pell Grant, and have not yet earned their first bachelor’s degree. Like the Federal Pell Grant, the SEOG does not have to be repaid.


Federal Work-Study Program

The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) allows you to earn money to pay for school and your living expenses by working part-time. You’ll earn at least the current federal minimum wage; however, you may earn more depending on the type of work you do, and the skills required for the position.  Click here to learn more.


Federal Direct Loans

A loan is money you borrow and must pay back with interest. If you apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA, you may be offered Federal Direct Loans. Your parent(s) may also be able to borrow to help you pay for your education. Click here to learn more.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.