Skip to Content

My Palmetto College

Federal Aid

Visit the Student Guide to learn more about federal financial aid programs, how they work and how you can apply for aid.  

Federal Pell Grant
The Federal Pell Grant is a federally funded grant that serves as the foundation upon which all other undergraduate aid is offered. Unlike a loan, it does not have to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants are offered to undergraduate students who have not yet earned their bachelor’s degree. Eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant is determined by federal law and is based on the financial information that students and their parents provide on the FAFSA. 

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants are federally funded grants offered on a limited basis to students with exceptional financial need. Eligible students must demonstrate great financial need, be eligible for a federal Pell Grant, and they must not have already earned a bachelor’s degree. SEOG does not have to be repaid.

Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a program that provides funds to students with financial need to earn while they learnClick here to find out more.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.