Skip to Content
  • Students draw a pumpkin in the art class.

Financial Aid

USC Salkehatchie recognizes that a college education is a major expense in most family budgets. It is important to know that there are many federal, state, local and institutional sources available to help students meet those expenses.

Important News and Information


How to Apply

The Palmetto College Central Financial Aid Office is a centralized resource for students attending any of the four Palmetto College campuses. On their website, you can find out more about the types of aid available and the eligibility requirements.

Veterans Benefits

All new students must apply for veteran’s benefits through the VA website. If you are a transfer student who has used VA Benefits previously, you must complete a form to change schools. Contact Georgeann Williams if you have questions or need additional information.

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work Study Program provides students with financial need part-time employment to assist with the costs of postsecondary education. Hourly wages must not be less than the federal minimum wage. To receive FWS, a degree-seeking student should complete a FAFSA application to determine eligibility.

SAP Appeals

All students deemed ineligible to receive financial aid as a result of failing to meet any component of this policy have the right to appeal. All appeals must be submitted in writing to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (OSFAS). Appeals are approved on a case-by-case basis. The student must have experienced one or more specific, mitigating or other unforeseen circumstances that interfered with the completion of his or her coursework.