Skip to Content

Dual Enrollment

Dual enrollment is a great choice for high school students who are ready to begin their college education while completing their high school degree. Upon recommendation of their counselors or principal, and with approval of the USC department, high school students, who have excelled in their studies, may enroll in appropriate courses at the University.

How to Enroll

High school concurrent applicants must have a High School GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale) and the recommendation of the high school principal or their designee, following the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education’s Statewide Higher Education Policy for Delivery and Transferability of “Dual Enrollment”.  A student may also receive free tuition through the Lottery Tuition Assistance Program if they take between 6-15 credit hours within a semester.

If a student takes less than 6 credit hours, then the LTAP funds cannot be applied. Additionally, for any credit hours beyond 15 within a semester, the student is responsible for payment of those additional credit hours


Documents Needed

Students must provide the following documents in order to be fully admitted to the dual enrollment program.

  1. Application – A Dual Enrollment application must be completely filled out and our office needs to receive it before a student is considered for admission to USC Union’s dual enrollment program. 
  2. Citizenship Verification – This verification form can be downloaded or  can be picked up in our office. We will also need a copy of your driver’s license or birth certificate for citizenship verification.
  3. High School Transcript – You or your guidance office will have to provide us with a copy of your high school transcript in order to verify your GPA.

If you plan to attend a College or University that is not part of the USC system, you must request an official transcript in order for the course credit to transfer to that institution. If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact Ada Kitchens.