Skip to Content

Financial Aid

There are a number of ways to pay for your college education, including financial aid and loans. We encourage you to explore all your options.

How to Apply
The Palmetto College Central Financial Aid Office is a centralized resource for students attending any of the four Palmetto College campuses. On their website, you can find out about how to apply, the types of available aid, forms and certifications.
The following links will help you navigate Self Service Carolina.

How To Review and Accept Your Loans

How To Claim Your VIP ID

Veterans Benefits
All new students must apply for veteran’s benefits through the VA website. If you are a transfer student who has used VA Benefits previously, you must complete a form to change schools. There are various programs for service men and women in and out of the military and their spouses and dependents to help towards the cost of tuition and fees. 
See your military counselor and apply for VA Benefits online. Please provide the USC Union Financial Aid Office and VA Counselor a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE).  Please be advise that there is a limit to what one may qualify for in terms of VA assistance.  All students are encouraged to submit a FAFSA every October 1st and Scholarship Applications March 1st.

Federal Work Study
The Federal Work Study Program provides students with financial need part-time employment to assist with the costs of postsecondary education. Hourly wages must not be less than the federal minimum wage. To receive FWS, a degree-seeking student should complete a FAFSA application to determine eligibility.

First Responder Scholarship Agreement
All first responders who attend classes at USC Union or the Laurens Location and do so in uniform may quality for the scholarship. This program provides a mechanism to increase the presence and public awareness of uniformed first responder's personnel on campus.

Student Loan Debt Relief
Federal Student Aid and the Biden-Harris Administration have announced federal loan forgiveness plans of up to $20,000 for prior Pell Grant recipients and up to $10,000 for all other federal loan borrowers. 
To be eligible, the annual income of borrowers must be below $125,000 (individuals) and $250,000 (married couples/heads of households). Borrowers can view their loan balances and check their Pell Grant status by logging into their Federal Student Aid account online.
The Department will be announcing further details on how borrowers can claim this relief in the weeks ahead.
Visit Student Aid for the most up-to-date information. If you would like to be notified when the process has officially opened, sign up at the Department of Education subscription page.
There are many different resources regarding this process. Please make sure that you are only using guidance from the Dept of Education. Remember this is also based on the student’s current income so it’s not a guarantee for everyone.