Faculty and Staff
Ashley K. Holt, Ph.D.
|Title:||Clinical Associate Professor
|Department:||Educational and Developmental Science
College of Education
- Ph.D. in Special Education, University of South Carolina
- M.Ed. in Early Childhood Special Education and certification in Severe and Multiple Disabilities, University of South Carolina
- B.A. in Early Childhood Education, University of South Carolina
- National Board Certified Teacher in the area of Exceptional Needs Specialist/Early Childhood through Young Adulthood (NBCT)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Research interests include: Behavior Skills Training, teacher and practitioner training, autism, severe and multiple disabilities, applied behavior analysis, evidence-based practices, and inclusion in the natural environment.
Ashley King Holt teaches specialized graduate level courses in the areas of severe and multiple disabilities, applied behavior analysis, and early childhood special education. She supervises MAT and M.Ed. teacher candidates as well as provides group and individual supervision for students seeking to become Board Certified Behavior Analysts. She also teaches the introductory special education course to both graduate and undergraduates. Before transitioning to teach in higher education, she taught young children with autism and multiple disabilities in a local public-school district for eight years. In addition to her work in the school district, she provided applied behavior analysis services in the home and community to support families and children with disabilities.