Skip to Content

College of Education

Graduate Degree Options

As part of the Gamecock EdQuarters office, the College of Education graduate personnel work with you from the beginning of your graduate experience through your graduation. If you are having difficulty with the application process or need to submit additional documents, we are glad to assist you.

Programs of study for all graduate programs are filed with our graduate coordinators. Milestone completions like passing comprehensive exams or completing a dissertation defense are filed with Gamecock EdQuarters, and we notify the Graduate School of completion. We also assist with registration issues and requests for overrides into courses.


Services for Teachers

If you are a seasoned educator looking to further your area of study with an advanced degree, you might explore one of our advanced degrees in education:


Services for Career Changers Already Holding a Bachelor’s Degree

If you already have a non-teacher preparation bachelor’s degree and are looking to change careers, you might be interested in our Master of Teaching (M.T.) or Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) programs:


Services for Students Considering Teaching

You might be an undergraduate student in the College of Arts and Sciences interested in teaching high school. If so, the Bachelor of Arts/Sciences plus Master of Teaching program is designed especially for you- it is designed for you to complete a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree in five years of school. You can study English, mathematics, science or social studies education.


We are Here to Help

If you have questions before applying to one of the College of Education graduate programs, you can contact Gamecock EdQuarters.

Once you have decided on a program, you can apply to The Graduate School for admission. To apply to a graduate program, you will need to have the following information to upload along with your application:

  • Letter of intent or personal statement indicating your reasons for pursuing the degree
  • Resume
  • Test scores (GRE, MAT, or Praxis Content exam (for certain programs only. Can upload unofficial scores, but official scores required upon admission.)
  • Transcripts (Can upload unofficial transcripts, but official transcripts required upon admission.)
  • Teacher license, if applicable
  • Letters of recommendation (at least two required. These are requested electronically as part of the application process.)

Our graduate staff assembles all completed applications in which all materials were received on or before the application deadlines for faculty review. If you missed a deadline, you can file a Term Change Form.

The graduate studies staff who work with you through the admissions process are the same people who will work with you as you move through the program toward your graduation. We will help if you have forms that require the Graduate Director’s signature, if you are unsure how to contact your faculty advisor or a professor, or if you just need to talk.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.