For more information about the Center for Assistive Technology and Educational Research, please visit our website.
- To introduce and to provide training on assistive technologies and related educational resources for undergraduate (PK – 12) teacher preparation students and graduate students in College of Education (COE) programs.
- Produce and provide training on assistive technology and related educational resources to graduate students in the School of Medicine’s (SOM) rehabilitation counseling program, and allied helping and health professions at the University of South Carolina.
- To adopt a train the trainer model to provide information and expertise to Community K-12 teachers, postsecondary teachers, support staff, and rehabilitation counseling providers.
- Provide a laboratory for USC College of Education and Rehabilitation Counseling students to practice assessment, IEP skills, and transition planning.
- To develop and expand applications of assistive technology through grant funded research.
- To help meet the education-related assistive technology needs of College of Education students with disabilities.
- To provide resources to the faculty and staff of the College of Education, School of Medicine, and College of Engineering who work with the students with disabilities.
SC-CATER does not provide clinical services such as diagnosis of specific disabilities, case management services, occupational therapy, medical treatment, or determine eligibility of services.