Campus or APOGEE (distance education) options
- Major: Civil Engineering
- Degree: Master of Engineering
- School/College: Engineering and Computing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Fall Preferred Application Deadline: May 1
Spring Preferred Application Deadline: September 1
Summer Preferred Application Deadline: April 25
International Applicants Deadline: International applicants should have the application submitted and all supporting
documents finalized 1 month prior to above noted deadlines to allow for the VISA process.
- Statement of Intent, 1-2 pages in length (clearly indicate the program area of interest and summarize your motivation to pursue graduate studies)
- Curriculum Vitae (to include: Education, General Research Interests, Publications, Computer Skills, Work Experience, Teaching Experience, Awards & Honors)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Test Score (waived for students with a GPA higher than 2.8 and a B.S. degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited school)
- Official TOEFL Exam Scores (for international students whose native language is not English, IELTS scores accepted where TOEFL is not available)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Summer Semester (graduate course offerings limited in summer)
Areas of Concentration
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Railway Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resources
A Note from the Program
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Engineering Degree, Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of South Carolina. We also offer several graduate level courses and a Graduate Certificate in Railroad Engineering area of interest to meet the growing demands of the rail industry for workforce development.