Campus or Online options
- Major: Journalism and Mass Communications
- Degree: Master of Mass Communications
- School/College: Information and Communications
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Deadlines for Campus program applications
Fall Application Deadlines: February 1 (preferred), April 1 (final)
Spring Application Deadline: October 15 (final)
Deadlines for Online program applications
Fall Application Deadlines: April 1 (preferred), July 1 (final)
Spring Application Deadlines: November 1 (preferred), December 1 (final)
Summer Application Deadlines: February 1 (preferred), April 1 (final)
- Official Academic Transcripts (from all previously attended colleges)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (including at least 2 from academic references)
- Statement of Objectives
- Graduate Assistantship Application (optional)
- Official TOEFL Scores (for applicants without a degree from an English-speaking institution)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Summer Semester
Areas of Concentration
- Multimedia Journalism
- Strategic Communication Management (available fully online)
A Note from the Program
Need skills and knowledge for a career in the professional world of communications? Then our Master of Mass Communication is the degree for you. This program combines strategic and integrated communication, multimedia journalism, management, and hands-on communication experiences — everything you need to enhance your professional portfolio.
Combination Degree in Journalism/Mass Communications and Law
Through special arrangement, the University offers combination degree programs in certain areas to permit a student to work on two degrees concurrently by combining credits, resulting in the student's taking fewer courses than the total required if each degree were pursued independently.
Master of Mass Communication/Juris Doctor
How to Apply
Submit a separate application to each program. Each program will make its own admissions decision. Acceptance into one program does not guarantee acceptance in the other.
Journalism and Mass Communications Application