Faculty and Staff
Kate Blanton, M.Ed.
|Department:||Office of Student Services
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
B.S., Secondary Education, Integrated Language Arts, Bowling Green State University
M.E., Curriculum and Instruction, University of Cincinnati
Kate Blanton began her career in public education in Cincinnati, Ohio, as a high school English teacher and later served as an academic advisor and faculty member at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College teaching First Year Experience courses. As a Ph.D. student in the College of Education at the University of South Carolina, Blanton values the positive impact that faculty members and academic advisors have on students’ collegiate experiences and strives to develop strong relationships with HRSM students that promote both academic and professional growth.
Blanton began advising first-year students for the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management in August 2016, and in 2018 became an advisor for upperclassmen in the Sport and Entertainment Management program. In addition to her advising role, she also teaches University 101 and EDFI 300.
In the Media
- USC to offer course on Taylor Swift. Are you ready for it?: Post & Courier
- USC entering its Taylor era, offering class on pop icon Swift: ABC Columbia
- Gamecocks (Taylor’s Version): USC adds Taylor Swift business, entertainment course: WSOC
- Have a Blank Space in your schedule? USC is offering a new Taylor Swift course: The State
- It's a college class at USC (Taylor's Version): WLTX
- University 101
- EDFI 300 – Schools in Communities
- NACADA – National Academic Advising Association
- AERA – American Educational Research Association
- AESA – American Educational Studies Association
- HES – History of Education Society