- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Eckton C. Chinyanga, Ed.D., MBA
Faculty and Staff
Eckton C. Chinyanga, Ed.D., MBA
|Department:||Department of Retailing
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Ed.D., Higher Education Administration, Tennessee State University, 2020
- M.B.A., Accounting Concentration, Tennessee State University, 2013
- B.B.A., Accounting, Bachelors in Business Administration, Cumberland University, 2011
- B.A., Arts, Biblical Studies and Education, African Bible College, 2006
Eckton C. Chinyanga, Ed.D., MBA, serves as an accounting instructor in the Department of Retailing at the University of South Carolina. After graduating from Tennessee State University, Chinyanga started his career with TSU in the College of Business (Accounting and Business Law department) as an adjunct accounting instructor where he spent seven years teaching principles of accounting, managerial accounting, cost accounting, and international business. He also worked as the financial analyst in the Finance and Accounting department.
Eckton has more than 20 years of career experience focusing on accounting and teaching. His prior accounting and finance work history includes:
- General ledger accounting, accounts receivable experience and tax preparation
- Audit experience researching issues pertaining to GAAP and SOX compliance
- Tax internship during busy season with Nashville-based CPA firm
- Industry experience, including education, manufacturing and supply chain, public accounting, and healthcare
Chinyanga has been overseeing tutoring of accounting students for more than 11 years.
- Impact of higher education funding on student achievements / outcomes
- Higher education funding and finance
- Students’ preparation for class using connect / online system compared to the final grade outcome
- The Impact of Adoption of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) on the economy of African countries
Honors and Awards
- The Award of Excellence in the Labry School of Science, Technology and Business, 2023
- The International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma, 2019
- Golden Key International Honor, 2019
- CPAExcel Scholarship, 2013
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, 2013
- The Honor Society of Beta Alpha Psi Accounting, 2013
- MBA Accounting Scholarship, 2012
- Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award, 2012
- Who’s Who in American Universities, 2011
Chinyanga, E. C. (2020). Economic impact of the new federal salary policy in higher education (Publication No. 27834534) [Doctoral dissertation, Tennessee State University]. ProQuest LLC.
Chinyanga, E. C. (2023, July 22-25). Did Covid-19 influence fruit and vegetable consumption preferences? Examining attitudes towards the pandemic and its impacts on consumption [Conference session]. NUTRITION 2023, American Society for Nutrition, Boston, MA, United States.
Chinyanga, E. C. (2017, May 24-26). The impact of IFRS adoption on the economy of African countries: South and eastern African countries [Conference session]. Joint Meeting of International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education and Academic Business World International Conference, Nashville, TN, United States.
Chinyanga, E. C. (2017, April 7). Multiculturalism in higher education: The impact of multicultural education on student outcomes [Conference session]. Annual Africa Conference, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, United States.
Chinyanga, E. C. (2016, April 1). Botswana’s economic growth and development: Achievements, challenges and opportunities [Conference session]. Annual Africa Conference, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, United States.
- National Society of Black Certified Public Accountants, 2020
- Tennessee Society of CPAs, 2012
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 2012