- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- George Hendry Ed.D., C.C.E., C.E.C.
Faculty and Staff
George Hendry, Ed.D., C.C.E., C.E.C.
|Title:||Director, McCutchen House/Marriott Lab
|Department:||School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
|Office:||McCutchen House Room 301|
Ed.D., Organizational Leadership, Argosy University
M.S., Teaching, Marygrove College
B.S., Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism, East Stroudsburg University
A .S., Culinary Arts, Culinary Institute of America
Vocational Director Certificate, Temple University
K–12 Principal Certificate, East Stroudsburg University
George Hendry serves as director of McCutchen House and the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation Culinary Laboratory. He is also a senior lecturer in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management and coordinates the Culinary Institute at the University of South Carolina, located in McCutchen House.
Prior to his arrival at USC, Hendry opened and operated local restaurants in the Poconos of Pennsylvania, and later opened two of of his own restaurants. As a result of those experiences, Hendry was given the opportunity to teach at the high school career institute where he was an educator for 25 years. During that time, Hendry was also able to teach college courses to high school students at the local university through the NOW program at Pennsylvania Career of Technology.
Hendry's professional certifications include ServSafe, ProStart, Manage First and ServSafe Alcohol.
In the Media
- Why drive-thrus are becoming more crucial to the future of Columbia restaurants: Post & Courier
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund likely won’t be renewed. What does that mean for SC restaurants?: Post & Courier
- ‘Ghost kitchens’ appear in Columbia area. Your dinner might be from Hooters: The State
- After strong holiday season, Columbia restaurants hit with COVID-19 closures: Post and Courier
- Culinary arts instructor, Monroe Career and Technical Institute (MCTI)
- Instructor, East Stroudsburg University, Pennsylvania Career of Technology, Penn. State Satellite
- Restaurant owner
- Start-up consultant for restaurants
- Manage First
- ServSafe Alcohol
Honors / Awards
- Black Belt, Tang Soo Do
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Outstanding Instructor – 2003-2004, Monroe Career and Technical Institute
- HRTM 110 – Intro to Hospitality Management
- Chef du Jour Classes
- Member, American Culinary Federation
- Foodservice Industry
- Culinary Arts