- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Danny Morrison Ph.D.
Faculty and Staff
Danny Morrison, Ph.D.
|Title:||Professor of Practice
|Department:||Sport and Entertainment Management
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
Ph.D., Educational Leadership, University of South Carolina
M.E., Administration and Supervision, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
B.A., Mathematics, Wofford College
Danny Morrison earned his B.A. in mathematics from Wofford College, his M.E. in administration and supervision from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his Ph.D. in educational leadership from the University of South Carolina. In addition to serving as president of the Carolina Panthers (2009-2017), Morrison served as director of athletics at Texas Christian University (2005-2009), commissioner of the Southern Conference (2001-2005), and as senior vice president (1997-2001) and director of athletics (1985-1997) of Wofford College. Morrison also served as both a high school- and college-level mathematics instructor and sports coach earlier in his career. He is currently serving as the executive director of the Charlotte Sports Foundation.
In the Media
- Danny Morrison: Fortuitous Serendipity: Sports Business Journal
- A day with the Charlotte Sports Foundation’s Danny Morrison: 'Hope you brought your walking shoes': Sports Business Journal
- Charlotte Sports Foundation - Carolina Impact: PBS Charlotte
- Two Views: How Danny Morrison and Andrea Smith are building Charlotte's track record for big sporting events: Charlotte Business Journal