Faculty and Staff
Jana Xanthakos, M.S.
|Department:||Interdisciplinary Studies in Services Management
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
M.S., Hospitality, Restaurant, and Tourism Management, University of South Carolina
B.A., International Studies & German, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Jana Xanthakos was born and raised in Germany until she moved to Raleigh, North Carolina, at age nine. After graduating from UNC-Chapel Hill, Xanthakos worked for Resort Recreation and Tourism Management as social activities director for the Crown Plaza in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Upon finishing her master's at USC Columbia, Xanthakos worked as the events planner and property manager for The Kiawah Island Club. After working in the private club sector, she worked as a hotel sales manager in Columbia. Xanthakos has been teaching for HRTM since fall 2004.
Xanthakos enjoys playing tennis, volunteering at her childrens’ schools by fundraising and planning events, and traveling with her family. She is involved in the Columbia Greek community and each year coordinates with the Greek Festival so that her students have opportunities to obtain work experience by volunteering there.
- HRTM 260 – Hotel Management
- HRTM 280 – Club Management
- HRTM 262 – Spa Management
- HRTM 344 – Human Resources
- HRTM 364 – Conference and Meeting Planning
- HRSM 301 – Marnie Pearce Professionalism Seminar
Honors / Awards
- Integrative and Experiential Learning Grant Recipient 2021
- ISPA – International Spa Association
- Club Managers Association of America (CMAA)
- Hospitality Insights