Skip to Content

College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management

  • Accelerated bachelor's to master's banner with blurred graduates in background

Accelerated Bachelor's / Master's Degree

The College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management offers accelerated degree options that allow students to graduate with their bachelor's and master's degree in less time. 

The accelerated bachelor's / master's degree program allows University of South Carolina undergraduates to take up to 12 hours of course work (at 500-level or higher) and receive both undergraduate and graduate credit for those hours. This makes it possible for students who are admitted into any graduate program in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management to earn a master’s degree in less time  than the traditional term of study.

Who should consider enrolling in the program? 

Anyone who is thinking about getting a master’s degree in one of the college's programs:

Who is eligible? 

Any University of South Carolina undergraduate student who has completed at least 90 hours of undergraduate coursework and has a minimum GPA of 3.4 (overall as well as in their undergraduate major).

Admission to the accelerated bachelor's / master's degree program does not require application or admission to a graduate program, so students can start earning graduate degree credits before fully committing to graduate school. However, participation in the accelerated degree program also does not guarantee admission into a graduate program. A student wishing to be formally admitted to a graduate program applies to that program through the regular graduate admission process.

Will I have to write a thesis? 

The accelerated bachelor's / master's program offers thesis and non-thesis options. 

How do I participate in the program? 

Students are required to obtain the approval of their undergraduate advisor, the graduate director of the relevant master's program, the dean of the Graduate School, and the instructor for each course to be taken using the forms below. Your academic advisor can help you with securing these signatures.

Two forms must be completed and approved prior to registering for classes: i) the Plan Authorization form (G-BGPA) and ii) the Course Work Authorization form (G-BGCA). The required signatures should be obtained in the order indicated on the forms. The forms must be processed at the time of registration in order for the Office of the Registrar to properly code the student for enrollment in a graduate course.

Note: The forms may not be used retroactively for courses already taken or for courses in which the student is currently enrolled, so it is advised to  plan ahead and enroll in the accelerated bachelor's / master's program in your sophomore or junior year. 

Get in Touch

For more information on accelerated bachelor's to master's degree options with the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management, please reach out to the graduate program director in the program you are interested in joining.

Scott Taylor Jr. headshot

Scott Taylor, Jr., Ph.D.

MIHTM Program Director
Wine and Beverage Institute Assistant Director
Assistant Professor

School of Hospitality and Tourism Management



Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.