Darla Moore School of Business
Manpreet is interested in substantive problems related to firms’ strategic marketing actions pertaining to different stakeholders, and the role strategic interactions among firms or consumers may play in shaping such actions. He relies on economic theory driven econometric models and/or quasi experiments for the causal assessment of firms’ strategic marketing actions. He has published in the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, and the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
Javadinia, Amir, Manpreet Gill, and Satish Jayachandran (2023), “Recall Environment Intensity and Post-Recall Stock Market Response,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Forthcoming (Equal Authorship with Amir).
Zhou, Chen, Manpreet Gill, Qiang Liu (2022), “Empowering Education with Crowdfunding: The Role of Crowdfunded Resources and Crowd Screening,” Journal of Marketing Research, 59 (1), 97–117.
Pagiavlas, Sotires, Kartik Kalaignanam, Manpreet Gill, and Paul Bliese (2021), “Regulating Product Recall Compliance in the Digital Age: Evidence from the “Safe Cars Save Lives” Campaign,” Journal of Marketing, Oct2021, DOI: 10.1177/00222429211023016.
Gill, Manpreet, Shrihari Sridhar, and Rajdeep Grewal, (2017) Return on Engagement Initiatives: A Study of a Business-to-Business Mobile App., Journal of Marketing, 81 (4), 45-66.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Marketing, March 2023
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow (University of Georgia, June, 2023)
- ISMS Early Career Scholars Camp Fellow (Duke University, October 28-29, 2022)
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow (University of Texas, Austin, December 4 – 5), 2020
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow (University of Missouri, March 22 - 23), 2018
- Finalist for 2018 MSI H. Paul Root Award
- Two Thumbs Up Award for improving classroom experience of students with disabilities, University of South Carolina, 2017 (University award)
- Honorable Mention, John A. Howard Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2018
- David T. and M. Joan Wilson Business Markets Dissertation Award, 2016
- AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2016
- ISBM PhD Camp, 2016
- Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM) scholarship: 2012 – 2015
Editorial Review Board Member
- Journal of Marketing Research
- Journal of Marketing
- Principles of Marketing Research – Undergraduate Class
- Empirical Causal Analyses for Marketing Strategy Research – Ph.D. Seminar
- PhD Business Administration (Marketing), Pennsylvania State University, 2017