Entrepreneurship at South Carolina: An Exciting 21st Century Opportunity
A survey of college students funded by LegalZoom.com revealed these statistics:
- 36 percent of college students are “sidepreneurs,” i.e., they have started businesses in addition to attending school.
- 69 percent of students would like to work for an entrepreneur.
- 89 percent believe entrepreneurship education is important.
To remain a global leader in business education and a catalyst for economic development, the Faber Center at South Carolina is helping to develop South Carolina's entrepreneurship program as we encourage and prepare our students to take their entrepreneurial skills into the new global economy.
Faber Entrepreneurship Center Partners:
- UofSC/Columbia Technology Incubator
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- University of South Carolina Technology Commercialization Office
- South Carolina Council on Competitiveness
- South Carolina Research Authority
- Savannah River National Laboratory
- Kennedy Pharmacy Innovation Center
The Faber Entrepreneurship Center at the Darla Moore School of Business promotes experiential learning through in-depth consulting projects as part of student course work. For its research programs and commercialization projects, the center works in conjunction with the South Carolina Research Authority, the South Carolina Department of Commerce, the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, various schools and colleges at South Carolina and a broad range of other entities to bring inventions and innovative technologies developed at the university and throughout South Carolina into the marketplace.
- Facilitating education, experiential opportunities, and research that nurture and foster the entrepreneurial spirit of the University of South Carolina to create future domestic and global entrepreneurs
- Providing students with intensive exposure to entrepreneurial concepts, small business management training and interaction with a network of successful entrepreneurs in South Carolina
There are currently no events to display.View the Calendar