Music is naturally learned if informal music play and guidance are begun as early in life as possible. Through USC’s Music Play classes children and adults of all ages engage in fun, playful, socially interactive music activities that include singing, chanting and moving. The goal of the program is to help children increase their music aptitudes and develop initial music skills that prepare them for a lifetime of music enjoyment and appreciation. Learn more about children’s music responses.
USC Music Play Spring 2024
Join us on Saturdays beginning January 13, 2024.
(Subject to change as necessary for the safety of all participants, faculty and staff).
- Each child must be accompanied by only one adult.
- No child may be accompanied by more than one adult.
- Social distancing must be maintained throughout each class.
- Each child/adult pair must maintain 3’ of distance from other child/adult pairs at all times.
- Child/adult participants should not attend class if either is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or other signs of illness.
- Your receipt is your class confirmation.
- Classes begin January 13 and end April 6 with a make-up class on April 13.
- No classes will be held February 10, March 9 or March 30.
- Free street parking is available on Saturdays.
- If you ordered a Music Play kit, we will have it ready for you at your first class.
- Dress comfortably. We will be sitting on the floor.
- Enter School of Music, Rm. 108 where you will leave your shoes and other belongings.
- Each child must be accompanied by only one caregiver for the duration of each class.
- We look forward to making music with you and your child!
Refunds must be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be granted after January 20, 2024. Refund requests made within the stated limits will be returned to your credit card, less the $25 processing fee and a charge of $25 per class that has been held.
For more information email Dr. Valerio.